Saturday 10 September 2016

Thurs, 8th Sept, 2016 Bush camp near Granite Hills Well, 45km E of Nullagine, WA


Wind up early this morning from the south. Jeff had mentioned there is a front coming across the bottom of WA. 7am 21.7 degrees – pleasant.

ABC Radio – all we can get – has a ‘Where am I’ competition for somewhere in the Murchison-Gascoyne region. I am pretty good at guessing them too.

Headed back to the Upper Mosquito Creek Mining area. Tried my first patch again and amazingly I missed two nuglet – sitting right beside two others!! I went over the area very slowly this time but no more were hiding there. Steve got a nice one just as he was heading back to the truck for smoko after wandering the hills looking for another patch.

Tried another area – nothing for me but Steve got 2.

Decided one last go over on Steve’s patch. I got one on the track straight up so I had a spring in my step again. I went up to where Steve and I had picked up the specimens and nuglets and I got 6 more nuglets and 3 specimens – well worth the visit.


Steve did over the other two area and got 5 nuglets and one sunbaker stuck to the hard dirt.

Back to the van. Steve smashed my specimens and I got 1.6 grams while the nuglets only came to 1.45g but I am very happy as I got 3 grams today.




A couple of Steve’s were bigger so he beat me with 3.67 grams. Nice clean reef gold – no need to put these in acid to clean them up.



Another great day detecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment