Tuesday 27 September 2016

Mon, 26th Sept, 2016 Bush camp at Ruby Well Find Mine, WA


7.30am 16.7 degrees, very windy from the east now.

I went back to my scrapes but didn’t get any more.

We went down to where Jeff had been detecting and I got two and Steve got one. Jeff had done a good job!!




The wind is whipping up a lot of willy willies today. One was heading to the truck so I rushed over to closed the back up as it whizzed by. Then when I was in the soft turned over soil another one came behind me so I just stood still and closed my eyes. It whipped up the dirt around me stinging my legs and filling my hair with dirt. Nearly through me off balance when it passed over and the wind changed direction.

Rang Mum and Dad for a chat.

While Steve was getting the fire ready another willy hit and tossed my chair backwards onto a broken stick cutting a hole in the back then flipped it completely over. Didn’t even move Steve’s chair which was right beside it. Didn’t realise till later when my fairy lights came on that the chair had caught the lights and broken the wires so now my strand of lights is only short!!

After dinner everything went quiet as the wind has stopped – yeah.





No comments:

Post a Comment