Monday 12 September 2016

Sun, 11th Sept, 2016 Bush camp, 5km E of Nullagine, WA


7.30 am 21 degrees and clear sky again. Warmed up quickly as we headed off to see if there are any more nuglets where Steve found his one.

I got 4 little nuglets and one specimen and poor Steve missed out. My littlest yet I reckon 0.06 grams!!


Total for the morning of 0.58 – a big drop from our patches recently!!



The wind is quite gusty now from the North East but there isn’t much dust around us which is good as I have all the windows and vents open. It is 34 degrees in the van with a little shade from the tree – a lot hotter in the sun though it isn’t humid so not too bad to be wandering around it. Drinking a lot more water though. The phone was ringing as I got back – Robert and Robyn were returning my call – they are at Halls Creek.

What to do when it’s hot – bake some Anzac cookies!! Rang Kaylene while I waited for them too cook to catch up on the home news.

After lunch we headed off to explore other areas. Found a spot that has been worked over with a dry blower as there are heaps of small, medium and large rocks everywhere. I got 6 nuglets and another specimen.

Steve only got two little ones and a big rock that sounded good.

Malcolm rang as we drove back. He was sitting in his tractor ploughing the field so rang for a chat. It got to 16 degrees there today!! He will be racing at Eastern Creek this weekend so will have to keep an eye on his times. He is hoping for a 3peat after winning the last two race meetings. Kerry is staying home as Megan is due with her second child. Malcolm is hoping it will wait till he comes back on Tuesday.

Did the weigh in – my 6 nuglets came to 0.82 grams.



Steve crushed my two specimens and I got another 0.27 grams from them.


His big rock didn’t have any gold – must have been ironstone in it making it sing. His two little nuglets only got him 0.22 grams but it all adds up. Surprisingly his bigger nuglet weighed less than the little one.

The wind has settled down as the sun set so Steve is preparing the camp oven for chicken roast tonight while I write my blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment