Friday 23 September 2016

Tues, 20th Sept, 2016 Bush camp beside Gascoyne River (Middle Branch) to Bush camp near Goodin Mine, WA


7.30am 14.5 degrees, bit chilly and the van was all closed up!! Lovely clear blue sky – we have been very lucky with the weather really.

Steve heated up some creek water on the fire so I could wash my hair – saving our good water.

Back on the bitumen, our new tyres going around nicely. We had just passed the Plutonic Mine turnoff when we saw our first Wedge-tailed Eagles for a long time. They don’t go much further north from here.

Turned off and in through the gate towards Goodin Mine area. Decided to camp below the hill where Jeff had found his patch. We can get phone reception here.

All good except there has been an explosion of bush flies – little ones and they get in everywhere. So glad I have flyscreens and a good flyswat. My fly net will be on when I am outside as I can handle them on my arms and legs but not around my face. Steve puts up with them as the net upsets his eyesight through his glasses.

A lot prettier this time with loads of pretty flowers everywhere.









Though these ones have a very strange aroma – more like a stink like a toilet!!


We headed off detecting. My detector took ages to settle down and was noisier on my right then my left. It had been doing that a bit lately. I shifted my magnet and rubbish bag then fiddled some more and worked out it is when I brush again my hip that it sounds like I am getting a target. Might be my electric personality!! Or the fact it is so dry I am very electric. I kept going and managed to get three bits – one off Jeff’s patch further up the hill.

Very windy too which didn’t help. Steve didn’t find anything. The wind settled as the sun set so got the fire going to heat up the shower water then into the van to watch our photos then some more of the series we have. Slowly working our way through Top Gear from 2003!!



No comments:

Post a Comment