Friday 23 September 2016

Thurs, 22nd Sept, 2016 Bush camp near Goodin Mine, WA

    

7.30 am 20 degrees with the van all closed up as it is still very windy.

Headed back to the dry blown area and I got 6 little bits. I can’t believe how small they are. Steve got 4. We tried some other areas and I got one more tiny bit.

A very windy day too which doesn’t help with hearing the signals.

Drove up onto the ridge so I could get the internet. After I finished I rang Kaylene and Rick for a chat. Steve went wandering with the 2300 and came back with 6 bits off Jeff’s patch.

Wonderful news for the Lee family as Megan had another beautiful little girl. Veronica had posted a photo of Faith with a pony so I sent her a message wishing Faith a happy first birthday on the 25th and birthday wishes for Vonnie on the 30th.

My incy-wincy bits came to only 0.47 grams!! I can’t believe I detected such small bits of gold – they were like little balls.



Steve’s total was 1.71 grams.


The wind is now coming from the west bringing a few clouds as the sun sets. It hasn’t settled either so Steve got the fire going and we sat inside for our drinks enjoying travelling through the Blue Mountains again – Steve’s comment was “Boy did we do some walking!”





No comments:

Post a Comment