Tuesday 25 September 2018

Mon, 17th Sept, 2018 Mum & Dad’s, Cairns, Qld



Just got off to sleep last night when we were awoken by an alarm. Couldn’t work out what it was from. Eventually figured out it was the smoke alarm – luckily there was no smoke or fire. Can’t figure why it went off. It looked ok so we went back to bed then it went off again so I took it down and pulled out the battery. We could all go back to sleep now!!

Steve and I watched the end of the Supercars race at Sandown as I had recorded it when we went for our drive yesterday.

Erica had seen in the paper that there was a $5000 jackpot for bingo at Brothers so we headed down to play. When I was pregnant with Daniel there was a Mother’s Day bingo which we won the jackpot of $1000. Very exciting – Erica thought I might go into labour with the excitement. We drove down and there were so many cars there I couldn’t find a park. I dropped Erica off to get our tickets etc then drove around the block and had to park a long way up the street. When I got inside Erica was standing there empty-handed. Apparently the bingo was postponed till tonight because they had the Wiggles on today. No wonder there was so many cars here. We had a play on the pokies instead but didn’t have any joy.

Dropped Erica home for a late lunch then I went and visited Rebecca and Clive. She had put all the pictures in the frames we had bought and they all looked great. I gave her my gift for Ingrid and Aidan for their bubby girl when she arrives soon.

Brian picked up Erica and Terry for dinner with Jodie and Bryan.

We went down to Brothers for dinner with Mum and Dad and had a great night chatting again with Ray and Marian. We didn’t have any luck with the pokies either.

NO PHOTOS TODAY

No comments:

Post a Comment