Wednesday 26 April 2017

Sun, 23rd Apr, 2017 Bush camp, Broad Arrow, WA to Mum & Dad’s, Cairns, Qld


Overcast morning. Steve coloured my hair – have to look good to go home!!

Cuppa with Kev and Linda then we drove back to town. Got gas, fuel and water and we were going to get Steve’s vegies and of course a new tub of icecream but Woolies and Coles were closed. Didn’t think about that!!

We had brought lunch in so had that in the 24 hour park with our jumpers on – bit cool today, top of 23 predicted.

Said our farewells at the train station then Steve headed back to camp and I settled in with my book to wait for our departure at 2pm on the Prospector.


My seat allocation was changed but they offered me a double seat in another carriage which was very nice and oh so roomy. There is plenty of leg room, foot rests, big window, TV with lots to watch and music to listen to. Even powerpoints to charge phones etc.





Settled in and watched a movie about a detective in a gold mine station – Goldstone. Chatted with the lovely ladies at the kiosk over a coffee which sadly was not very nice.

Listened to John Williamson sing his way around Birdsville down to Maree. Still overcast as we headed west. You can watch the train’s progress through the engine’s camera but it was all blurry as we drove into Merredin as it started to rain but you could see the sun setting in the distance. Watching the map on the other TV beside me shows the speed, altitude and where we are. Speedy train too.


Snoozed listening to Jessica Mauboy. The driver announced we were running half hour late due to the electrical storms interfering with the railway signals.

Arrived at East Perth Station at 9.10 then got a taxi to the airport. Nice chatty taxi driver and very helpful too.

Got my boarding ticket. I was offered aisle or window so took window hoping I can get some sleep leaning against it!!

Got a coffee and rang Steve before heading through security to my gate. Got tested for explosives – passed!!


A lady sat in the aisle seat and luckily we had no one in the middle seat. Chatted with the lady who is a nurse at the Private Hospital. As we took off I managed to angle myself and stretch out my legs under the middle seat area then closed my eyes and off to sleep as we headed into the sky at midnight!!


No comments:

Post a Comment