Sunday 9 April 2017

Sun, 2nd Apr, 2017 Karalee Rock campground 50km E of Southern Cross, WA (my birthday)


54 today but I am still feeling young though my shoulders remind me of my age!!

Lovely clear blue sky but a bit windy. Received lots of lovely texts and FB messages and calls from family and friends.

Most of the other vans and campers have left. Worked on my blog then Jim brought over some savoury muffins that Kay had baked which was lovely. Jim’s birthday is on the 5th. Chatted with Jim and Kay till lunch.

Steve got some wood so he can cook dinner tonight for me in the bushcooker. We even have icecreams for dessert!!

Back into the van for more blogging (been having a great time so am way behind) and to keep away from the flies. Even Steve resorted to putting the fly net on. More phone calls which was wonderful. A water truck has been in and out all day filling up from the dam to use on the road works.

Drinks by the fire with Jim and Kay. More vans coming in for the night.

Dinner was delicious under the stars though it got a bit chilly.


A lovely day for my birthday – will get my presents in Kalgoorlie – a pair of slippers and a new chair!!


No comments:

Post a Comment