Monday 24 April 2017

Thurs, 20th Apr, 2017 Bush camp, Broad Arrow, WA (Katelin & Sarah’s birthdays)


7am 18.7 degrees and a clear sky.

Kev and Lin headed into town to stock up. We went off detecting. I was on the scrapes near Brownie’s camp so he came over for a chat and to point out spots to try.

Steve went another way and while he was detecting he heard a ‘book book’ noise and looked up to see 7 emus watching him. They weren’t worried about him at all.

After a cuppa I did the washing then set up the other sim card so Steve could have the main phone (with the aerial port) and I would take the main phone sim card in one of the two spare phones. Sent Sarah a birthday message on Facebook as she is having a holiday in Sydney. Wonderful news of my cousin’s daughter, Caitlin Windle getting engaged last Saturday.

Kev and Lin came back – their battery problem was the alternator which Kev was able to get another one so he and Steve set to replacing it.

I went back to where Brownie had suggested but only dug up rubbish. I dug one deep hole into rock and still only came up with a alfoil seal of a juice container!!

Back to camp and I packed my bag ready for my trip home on Sunday.

Rang Katelin for her birthday – sweet 16 and she has her driving learner’s permit. Look out Cairns!! They were all heading out to dinner to celebrate her birthday.

Dinner around the fire – a cool breeze was blowing so we nearly got out the ‘lovelies warmers’.

Mum and Dad rang to say they have got phone reception again – the technician said it was a problem down the street, water in the line or something. Mum and Val had a nice win on the pokies today – hope the luck continues when I get home.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.




No comments:

Post a Comment