Thursday 20 April 2017

Tues, 18th Apr, 2017 Bush camp, Broad Arrow, WA (Kev’s 1st nugget)


6.30am 16.6 degrees, just a few clouds around.

Rang Suzanne to wish her a happy birthday. Looking forward to catching up with everyone when I get home.

Gave Steve a haircut so he will be fine while I am gone. He went across the road to the other side of the lease and I went to more turned over land. Found a little nuglet then marked a few targets to Kev & Linda to try. Kev came back with me but unfortunately my targets were just rubbish. I left Kev to continue around where I got the nuglet and I went further over. I didn’t find too much rubbish then I got a screamer. As I wanted a rest from swinging I decided to dig it and out came a nice nugget, Yeah. Looked like a lamb chop and the other nuglet was the potato!!

Called to Kev which inspired him to dig screamers and it got one on top of the windrow but then lost it as he scraped the dirt away. Turned out it was a rock sitting on top which had a vein of gold visible. He has christened his detector. Left Kev looking for more.

No luck for Steve. Had lunch then got the stew ready for dinner then back to the scrapes. Perfect temperature today, 29 degrees.

Kev smashed the rock and out came a beautiful nugget – so happy for him that it was a nice size.

Steve created a new handle for his detector, as his previous handle had broken so he wanted a back up. No more gold for today.

Another lovely arvo around the fire with lightning flashing in the east and west but it was all clear over us. Only saw two satellites though – must be on the other side of the world!!

Celebrated Kev’s first gold nugget with chocolate hot cross buns and icecream – he was in heaven.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.


No comments:

Post a Comment